Followers

Wednesday 1 November 2017

Anything goes at Creative Moments

Good morning, November has arrived,  looking forward to getting past the next week...it's firework season here, and I hate it! Wouldn't mind in the least if it was just one day, but seems to drag on for ages and the bangs and crashes are so loud it's like WW3! At least my dog's not reduced to a trembling wreck like our previous Great Dane, I used to spend a lot of time hiding under a blanket with Maisie. Mathilda leaps around and barks, which is a bit wearing but not as distressing !
Anyway, enough moaning and back to the card... at Creative Moments the theme this fortnight is 'anything goes' there's no twist, and our sponsors are My stitch back in twine and Scribbles Designs.. I got to choose an amazing image from Scribbles- Peek a Boo - available here. I had every intention of colouring this in a kaleidoscope of colours but changed my mind and left it uncoloured apart from a gold sparkle pen on the eyes. I cut around the face, removing most of the front of the card, and added gold cord 'whiskers'. The back of the card, what would be the inside if it had a front, is embossed and I added a diecut sentiment, quick and simple!

Thanks for calling by
hugs
Chris
x

Challenges



9 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Cleverly designed card Chris, fantastic.xx [aNNie]

Donna Ellis said...

Love love LOVE this doodled kitty, Chris, and the amazing whiskers that cleverly match not only the L shaped window, but the lines embossed in that L shape! BEAUTIFULLY done. hugs, de

Pat said...

Great card design Chris, lovely image looks fab with your gold whiskers and sentiment.

Pat xx

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is so amazing!! I love the kitty and his gold whiskers!! What a fabulous design!! Love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kathleen said...

Well when I saw this on my dashboard my first thought was peek-a-boo, I see you, couldn't believe it when that was the actually name of the image.
Wonderful design and love the gold touch.

Kath x

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant creation Chris I love the image also the fantastic colours and how you have done the card shape this is yet another top notch make from a top notch crafter
hugs
lorraine x

Pamellia said...

What a wonderfully unique card Chris! I just love that cat image, so dramatic against the black! The gold whiskers, eyes and sentiment really pop, and your gold L shaped swing panel is brilliant! Really loving this entire design! hugs :)

Julieanne..aka pinkjools said...

Brilliant card Chris....just love the puddy cat....great colours set him/she....I think she a girl as she so gorgeous Joolsx

Furrbster said...

This is really stunning - I think the addition of the gold iis just purrfect,

Hugz Tinz :D