Followers

Saturday 3 March 2018

Lets get sentimental


Good morning and happy weekend. Our new challenge at Sweet Stampin' begins today and this time the theme is 'sentiment only'. I decided to make a bookmark for a change. I really need to make several more as I always have at least one book on the go and that sneaky bookmark-stealing-gremlin has been around and nicked all mine again! I'm using an old postcard at the moment but that will disappear soon...seriously don't know where they go!!!
Anyway, I stamped and white embossed my sentiment onto a scrap of white card then had a lovely play with my distress inks in shades of blue and purple, flicked a few drops of water over it and a scattering of chunky white embossing powder. I matted onto a slightly larger piece of sturdy black card and set a black eyelet to hang the tassel from. This is for my lovely friend who reads even more than I do, so I know it will be well used!
There's more inspiration from my teamies to be seen by clicking here, and of course we'd be delighted if you get sentimental and join us this week.
Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend.
Chris
x

6 comments:

Kelly Lloyd said...

This is beautiful. Love thecolours x

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely embossing result, fabulous background with the DI, great flicking Chris.xx💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

Lisa said...

This is so stunning!! The background looks amazing!! I love the tassel and the beautiful sentiment!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kathleen said...

Really gorgeous background and a fabulous sentiment, looks really great in the white.

Kath x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love, love, LOVE this Chris! Your ink work is fabulous and that tassle, sigh, I want one! LOL. Such a brilliant take on the challenge hun. You totally nailed it! Hugs, Wends xoxo

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Your bookmark is gorgeous!